Biker's Edge - Retail Support Staff
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.
In Company Owned Retail, we strive to be a transformative, inclusive, authentic, rider focused, and collaborative team that creates the best bikes and delivers world class rider care attention. Simply said, we provide quality in our products and to our riders at every interaction and are looking for a teammate to be a part of this growing team. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
A critical member of the team, the Retail Support Specialist balances excellence in retail operations, customer service, and a passion for digital excellence.
The Retail Support Specialist focuses on supporting the sales and service staff by managing the digital rider interactions (text, e-mail, digital leads, etc.) with the store to manage the flow of inventory and identify and locate the services/goods needed to provide riders with the right solutions on their time – ride time! This role will reward diligent, detailed, and focused bike-fans who share our core belief that bikes change lives.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Meeting and making a connection with riders, asking qualifying questions and listening to riders' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Inspiring the rider, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of the overall experience
- Proficiency in Lightspeed point of sale systems and store operational websites
- Deliver world rider-service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of rider satisfaction
- IKEONO, point of sale business texting
- Establish business leads using SHIFT Lead-Generation
- In-store phone answering and voicemail management
- Receiving new product and inventory management
- Cycle counting and inventory reconciliation
- Store transfers tracking and transporting
- Managing and tracking webstore sales and coordination of delivery
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Passion for cycling and the Specialized brand
- A current or former retail employee with 1-3 years of experience preferred
- POS experienced required
- Excellent communication (verbally and written) with the ability to effectively interact with riders and team members
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Ability to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching
- Able to lift at least 25 lbs. or more and use proper lifting skills
TELL ME MORE
- Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- Long term loan of a current model-year demo bike
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance*
- Morning/evening rides with team
*For eligible employees
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.