BIKER'S EDGE - STORE MANAGER
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.
In Company Owned Retail, we strive to be a transformative, inclusive, authentic, rider focused, and collaborative team that creates the best bikes and delivers world class rider care attention. Simply said, we provide quality in our products and to our riders at every interaction and are looking for a teammate to be a part of this growing team. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
A critical member of the Specialized retail network, the Store Manager balances excellence in retail operations with a passion for the power of a great brand. The Store Manager maintains the culture of the business and sets the tone of the store. The ideal candidate has a consistent record encouraging successful, profitable retail, and wants to take that expertise to the next level as a driver of outstanding brand experiences. Beyond being a well-adapted business leader, the Store Manager works collaboratively with staff, retail partners, and local riders as a host, mentor, brand advocate, and customer service ace. This role also works cross-functionally with other members of the Specialized team to facilitate store-based events passionate about education, product launches, advocacy, and brand innovation.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Overall profitability of the retail store, namely covering and exceeding the store’s run cost to maximize the contribution to the topline revenue of Specialized Bicycle Components, globally
- Exemplify outstanding methodologies for staff and local operators
- Ensure the conveyance of transformative, inclusive, ride-focused, locally-authentic and collaborative experiences for staff and riders alike inside and out, c/o the Specialized Retail Way
- Host/give tours of the space to retailers, explaining our processes for outstanding methodologies
- Performance management/talent management of all current employees
- Encourage a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive workforce through talent recruitment
- Schedule all staff and shift coverage showroom
- Educate all staff (in-house training, SBCU, and SBCU.com facilitation)
- Establish and sustain all clientele (establish long-term relationships with key riders and retailers, based on data about their preferences, behaviors, and purchases)
- Uphold all cleanliness and organizational standards for the sales floor and office space
- Handle the progress and ensuring timely delivery of all special orders and home deliveries
- Ensure staff has direction and is informed when the manager is not present (days off, time off, etc.) so that all employees are working purposefully towards store goals
- Evaluate each employee’s performance and is the first point of contact when issues arise in-store among riders, staff, and the service/sales interface
- Sett goals with each member of the team which include development, store-wide goals, and larger company initiatives
- Operate within the set rules of the company (Specialized Retail LLC.) and ensuring alignment of all practices with Specialized Bicycle Components
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Passion for cycling and the Specialized brand
- A current or former retail employee with 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Excellent communication with the ability to effectively interact with riders and team members
- Must be able to work as business dictates which includes weekends
- Ability to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs. or more and use proper lifting skills
TELL ME MORE
- Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- Long term loan of a current model-year demo bike
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance*
- Morning/evening rides with team
*For eligible employees
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
See what we are up to on LinkedIn, Instagram, and most importantly, our #DogsofSpecialized.